Tripping accidents

Local authorities are principally responsible for the maintenance and repair of highways and carriageways ( pavements and roads) and if a person is injured in a fall involving a defect in a pavement or road then a claim for compensation can be made. Some pavements and roads are not the responsibility of the local authority even if they repair them on an ad hoc basis if the area in question has not been adopted by the local authority. If however a pavement has been built by a local authority or a council other than for a third party then that authority or council may be liable to pay compensation for injury. If you have had a tripping accident or fall on a public pavement or road please contact us for specialist advice.